7 ways to replace my apartment key FOB | The Fob Store
We offer a variety of replacement options for your lost or broken apartment fob and discuss why you should never order replacements online.
As a renter, you may be familiar with the key fob- a device that gives you access to your apartment building or complex. But what happens if you lose your key fob or it breaks? Here are 7 ways to replace your apartment key fob:
1. Check with your leasing office or management company. They may have a spare key fob on hand that they can give you.
2. See if a neighbor has a spare key fob that they can lend you. Just make sure to return it when you're done!
3. If you have a spare key to your apartment, you can use that to gain access to the building. However, this should only be used as a temporary measure until you get a new key fob.
4. Many apartment buildings have a security guard on duty during certain hours. They may be able to let you into the building if you explain your situation.
5. Some apartment buildings have a gated entry system that can be opened with a code. If you know the code, you can use it to get into the building. However, this is not a very secure option and should only be used as a last resort.
6. If all else fails, you can always try picking the lock of your apartment door. This is not recommended, as it could damage the lock and is generally considered trespassing. However, in an emergency situation, it may be your only option.
7. Finally, if you still can't get into your apartment, you may need to call a locksmith for help. This will likely be the most expensive option, but it will ensure that you get back into your home safely and quickly.